Rick Ray – SEMO Men’s Basketball – Head Coach
- #1 thing you must ask yourself is “WHY”
- Quote: “Life's most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’” – MLK Jr.
- I want to help young men
- There’s a stress level of the job… you CANNOT bring that stress home to your family
- You must make a sacrifice if you want to get in
- Best job to get into this business is a D2 Graduate Assistant, because you have to do everything for the program
- Your job is to develop men… once you do that, you can coach
- Your spouse has to understand your job
- Your family and commitment to your job has to be complete
- Patience is truly a virtue. Embrace the process
... Download the rest of Coach Ray's notes...